Pastoral Letter - 28 June 2021
Good morning friends
In light of the President’s announcement last night we want to confirm the following decisions taken by our local Church leaders, as well as those from our Bishop. Please take note of these and pass on to all linked in with our community. Thank you for your understanding.
- We will revert to hosting our Worship services Online for the entire month of July.
- There will be no gatherings taking place during this time – that includes small groups, bible studies, craft market etc.
- We will continue to circulate a weekly Bible Study via the Whatsapp group.
- There will be a daily devotion sent out via Delme’s blog, which is also accessible on the church’s website.
- The church office will remain open during this time, so you can continue to contact us through the usual means. We are here to help you as much as we can.
I understand that the new lockdown regulations will cause some of us great anxiety and disappointment – I truly empathise with you on this. However, we have managed to navigate our way through the previous two waves/lockdowns and we will definitely get through this one too. I am convinced of this.
Please can I urge us to continue to BE the church wherever we find ourselves! Just because we aren’t meeting face to face doesn’t mean that we stop following the ways of Jesus.
We can still strive to love God and love our neighbours.
We can still ask the Holy Spirit to manifest the Fruits of the Spirit in our hearts and lives. We all know that the world is in dire need of more ‘love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.’
May God be near to you in these days of uncertainty. My prayers are with you.
Living in Grace